Write your answers on a 1 whole sheet of paper:
For Test I, the following symbols are used for the various connectives:
- • (AND)
- v (OR)
- ∼(Negation or NOT)
- ⊃ (Implication or IF-THEN)
- ≡ (IF AND ONLY IF)
Test I. Write T (for tautology), CN (for contradiction), or CY (contingency):
- ∼G ⊃ G
- D ⊃ (B ∨ ∼B)
- K • (∼M ∨ ∼K)
- (S ⊃ H) ≡ (∼H • S)
- (R ⊃ E) ∨ ∼H
- (N • ∼(D ∨ ∼E)) ≡ D
Test II. Write P (for permutation) or C (for combination) then solve for its value [For example your answer could be –> P (285) or C (392)]
- If 110 people will exchange hugs with everyone else, how many hugs will take place?
- Using 7 letters only (A,B,C,D,E,F,G), how many 2-letter passkeys can we make if we are to use each letter only once?
- If we have a total of 12 ice cream flavors to choose from, how many possible selections can we make if we are only allowed 3 flavors on an ice cream cone?
- There are nine Asian participants out of the 15 contestants in an international competition. How many possible ways can we form a group composed of 10 contestants with 6 Asians?